[Kde-events] [RFC] geographical, etc. info about kde developers and more

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri May 31 17:16:34 BST 2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 04:52:24PM +0100, Chris Howells wrote:
> - would the data be publicly available?

if we put it in cvs, then obviously yes.
a real database which is accessible only through frontends would offer
better security at the cost of more administration.

> Would everybody want the data like addresses to be publicly available.

of course not. you needn't to enter your full address; it would be
pointless regarding my original idea of finding people in my area -
your city is enough for us and too little for potential abuse.
but note that some people put their full address in their email
signature, so they should also be free to put it in this database.

greetings