--disable-rpath doesn't work in KDE3.0.1

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at sh.cvut.cz
Fri May 31 12:19:34 BST 2002

On Friday 31 May 2002 12:36, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are comiling KDE3.0.1 for Solaris at the moment, but unfortuantely the
> build option "--disable-rpath" doesn't have any effect. But the option is
> quite important on Solaris, since each SUN admins usually has his own
> location to install software.

 I don't understand why that should be a problem. If there's nothing in the
rpath recorded paths, it should be equal to not having that rpath at all,
shouldn't it?

> Can anyone help us please with a fast patch?

 --disable-rpath doesn't work since the libtool upgrade, because the new
libtool adds rpaths automatically. I'm not sure what the proper solution is,
but as a fast patch you can edit admin/libtool.m4.in and remove every --rpath
(the format of --rpath varies a bit on different platforms) and LD_RUN_PATH
(replace with e.g. LD_RUN_PATH_DUMMY).

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at email.cz ; l.lunak at kde.org