kde 3.1 -- make Keramik default?

Matthias Ettrich ettrich at trolltech.com
Thu May 30 13:36:38 BST 2002

On Thursday 30 May 2002 10:28, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Assuming Keramik will be in a highly releasable and usable shape by
> then, why not make it the default for KDE 3.1?  It's time for a great
> new next-generation look, and Keramik seems designed to fit the bill.

I'm very much in favour of this idea. Keramik is truely a 21st century style
and competes favourable against both Aqua and they toyish Luna. It is both
fast, different and original. It doesn't look like it copies any existing
desktop or game type style.

It will give KDE 3.1 a new and fresh look, something that was missing for the
3.0 release.

The remaining issues:

1. fixing remaining usability issues (like comboboxes)
2. finding a colorscheme
3. deciding on the icon set
4. GTK-apps integration. Maybe we can find somebody who is interested
    in making a Keramik GTK style?

1. and 2. might be fixed ealier by enabling it as default in CVS.

Matthias