Thumbnails in tooltips

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Fri May 24 15:31:01 BST 2002

On Friday 24 May 2002 16:21, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> I'm working on adding a large (256x256) thumbnail to the konqueror icon view
> tooltip. (256x256 since that's the large format specified in the thumbnail
> standard IIRC.)
>
> It's currently working ok-ish (half-finished patch is attached for the
> curious), but I'm having trouble making it follow the user's preferences
> regarding thumbnails. The problem is that all the action happens in
> KonqIconViewWidget, which doesn't have a reference to a KonqPropsView - it
> just gets passed a list of acceptable mime types for previews. But not when
> the user has just disabled previews.

Not sure I understand. KonqIconViewWidget::startImagePreview reads
a config file to know if previews have been globally enabled or disabled
(for this protocol). What about doing the same when popping up a tooltip?
(KConfig caches the value anyway, no need for caching it in konqiconviewwidget).

> I could add KonqIconViewWidget::setKonqPropsView and have KonqKfmIconView
> call that, but it seems somehow ugly. Does anyone have any better ideas?
Keep in mind that KonqIconViewWidget is shared with KDesktop... which doesn't
have nor need a KonqPropsView.

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/