Thumbnails in tooltips

Simon MacMullen simon.macmullen at aspectgroup.co.uk
Fri May 24 15:21:12 BST 2002

I'm working on adding a large (256x256) thumbnail to the konqueror icon view
tooltip. (256x256 since that's the large format specified in the thumbnail
standard IIRC.)

It's currently working ok-ish (half-finished patch is attached for the
curious), but I'm having trouble making it follow the user's preferences
regarding thumbnails. The problem is that all the action happens in
KonqIconViewWidget, which doesn't have a reference to a KonqPropsView - it
just gets passed a list of acceptable mime types for previews. But not when
the user has just disabled previews.

I could add KonqIconViewWidget::setKonqPropsView and have KonqKfmIconView
call that, but it seems somehow ugly. Does anyone have any better ideas?

Oh yeah, and what do you think of the concept?

Cheers, Simon

http://www.babysimon.co.uk/kde/tooltipthumbnail.png [243kB]

 <<tooltips.diff>>