Creating KParts components

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Thu May 23 00:13:26 BST 2002

On Friday 24 May 2002 00:35, Maria_G_Mendoza/Cupertino/IBM%IBMUS wrote:
> Dear Editor,
>
> Please consider this content for your website:
>
> Creating KParts components
>
> In this tutorial, we show developers how to create KParts components -- the
> component technology that was introduced
> with the release of KDE 2. You'll get an intro to the core KParts concepts
> of read-only and read-write parts and
> network transparency. You'll learn how to create a read-only component, and
> then modify it to be a read-write
> component. You'll also learn how to deploy the component so that Konqueror
> can use it.
> http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/linux-onlinecourse-bytitle/A96500917FA1DB0786256BC000808C0F?Open&t=grl,l=994,p=kparts

What a coincidence... a tutorial about creating KParts components ;-))

Registration is needed, but that's fairly quick to get through, and you
can then save the whole tutorial as a .zip and read it offline.

BTW it shows how much KDE3 makes it easier - check it out, even if you know
how to do it for KDE2 ;-)

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/