[HELP] Broken Merging?

John Firebaugh jfirebaugh at kde.org
Tue May 21 18:13:24 BST 2002

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 7:32, Ryan Cumming wrote:
> Several KDE apps seem to be displaying broken menu merging:
>
> 1) Kate's File menu is completely messed up. There are "Save" and "Print"
> entries below "Quit", as well as a double seperator.

Did you update, recompile, and reinstall both kdelibs/kate and kdebase/kate?
Do you have custom kateui.rc or katepartui.rc files in ~/.kde/? I bumped the
version numbers on the last update but I suspect there may be a bug in
picking the latest version, as I had similar problems until I deleted the
custom rc files.

-John