compilation of kdebase...

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Sat May 11 16:43:42 BST 2002

On Saturday 11 May 2002 15.59, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> ... with autoconf-2.53 and automake-1.6 get stalled in
> kdebase/kioslave/fish, after making the target fishcode.h. I mean, the sed
> and echo commands listed there are displayed by the make process then all
> simply halts. The command line prompt isn't given back. I need to Ctrl+C to
> kill the make process. I can't really say what it's doing.
>
> Nobody else sees this?

Yes, we reported it here a couple of weeks ago, it stops the kdebase build,
and has done for weeks, but I have no idea how to fix it.

The "md5sum" program isn't available on (at least) FreeBSD and Debian, so
there's no way that bit of magic from the Makefile.am is ever going to build
here, but I can't even figure out what that is trying to do or why it's in
the Makefile.am either.

I just disabled fish from building locally (pity, I like fish.)

Cheers,
--
Lauri Watts