compilation of kdebase...

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Sat May 11 16:12:36 BST 2002

On Saturday 11 May 2002 15:59, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> ... with autoconf-2.53 and automake-1.6 get stalled in
> kdebase/kioslave/fish, after making the target fishcode.h. I mean, the sed
> and echo commands listed there are displayed by the make process then all
> simply halts. The command line prompt isn't given back. I need to Ctrl+C to
> kill the make process. I can't really say what it's doing.

Given that there is only one source and the whole point of this make rule is
to rebuild fishcode.h from fish.pl [in a manner that was totally Linux
dependent and is now Linux-or-FreeBSD-dependent] it'd even be reasonable to
hard-code fish.pl as the filename passed to sed (ie. replace all instances of
$< and $> in that rule with fish.pl).

Why is the checksum computed at compile-time anyway?