App duplication again (Re: new project in kdemultimedia)

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Tue May 7 00:08:00 BST 2002

On Tuesday 07 May 2002 00:55, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Monday 06 May 2002 22:47, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > I support that. I am not opposed to the idea of releasing KDE 3.1 as just
> > kdelibs and kdebase and all the other packages could be released
> > independently (ether as one big packages or on an app by app basis) and
> > possibly on different schedules.
>
> Gnome is more or less following this principle (e.g. a Gnome "release" is
> actually a snapshot of all apps at a given point). It's a freakin' mess.

To further illustrate my point :

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers-readonly/2002-March/msg00258.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers-readonly/2002-March/msg00269.html

And don't believe it's just this release. You'll find similar threads for
almost every one they've made.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org