replace autotools with qmake in KDE3

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Sun May 5 16:50:58 BST 2002

Hi!

qmake is part of Qt. qmake is commercially supported on all platforms of
Qt. I use qmake in a big project everyday and my opinion is that it's
*much easier* to understand and to use than the whole autotools. .pro
files are much easier to write and to understand than Makefile.am's and
the whole bunch of project helper files.

So why doesn't the KDE project switch to qmake?

It shouldn't be hard to turn all KDE projects in .pro-file-managed
projects, does it?

What do you think? I think it would rapidely make KDE development easier.

Ciao
F at lk