Porting KDE3 to IRIX / MipsPro

Marcus Camen mcamen at t-online.de
Thu May 2 22:52:19 BST 2002

Hi *,

right now I am porting KDE3 to IRIX using the MipsPro 6.3 compiler on a 1
processor R3000 and using the MipsPro 7.3 compiler on a 32 processor
(R10k) machine.
Well, I get a number of different compilation and runtime errors. Most of
the compile errors can be solved by adding something like

  using namespace KParts;

to some header files. E.g. in kdelibs/interfaces/ktexteditor,
kdebase/konqueror or kdebase/ksysguard/gui/SensorDisplayLib.

Can I add these changes to HEAD and to the KDE_3_0_BRANCH or is the risk
to high to nuke compilation on other platforms a few days before the
KDE3.0.1 release (I am _not_ a C++ namespace expert...) ?

I think it's quite safe. Isn't it?

--
Marcus Camen