App duplication again (Re: new project in kdemultimedia)

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Sat May 4 19:49:06 BST 2002

Am Samstag, 4. Mai 2002 19:07 schrieb Neil Stevens:

> No, we aren't talking about duplicates.  It's not two copies of the same
> app.  See the earlier CD Bake Oven vs KreateCD arguments for proof of
> that.

Bake Oven and KreateCD are mostly frontends to the same programs. From
a user perspective, they just differ in the "looks" you seemed to despise so
much -- at least where translations are concerned. But each of them could
surely be brought to fit the needs of different target groups.

Anyway, since the devs of both programs seem to start cooperating I'm pretty
happy now. Just hope it really works out that way -- and will continue to
do so in the future.

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/