Proposal for KControl

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Sun Jun 30 12:38:49 BST 2002

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 12:12:14PM +0200, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Sunday 30 June 2002 00:01, Charles Samuels wrote:
>
> > Stuff that should just go to its own application, and out of KControl
> > forever [?]
> > 	Email
> For whatever it's worth, I have been looking for somewhere to get that kind of
> information lately (for Kate), though I have not yet used it. I would like to
> offer easy insertion of the users fullname, email and "qualified email", like
> "My Name <me at myemail.org>" into text files.

We use it in KOffice, and take it from the KDE global config.
You can steal the code from there.
  koffice/lib/kofficecore    KoDocumentInfoDlg::addAuthorPage()

> So I was looking to use it prior to hearing that it was considered to phase it
> out...
It is? Nah, probably a mistake somewhere. Since KWord has been using that for
ages, as does KOrganiser and probably loads of others, even KMail has a button
to use the KDE global settings :)
That can't be removed, maybe KMail should play nice in using _and_ updating it..

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander at planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be