Proposal for KControl

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Sat Jun 29 22:01:28 BST 2002

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 04:51:34PM -0400, ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> In the end what I am getting at is, can we limit what is done via the UI and
> make a ResEdit type of app that allows you to tweak things that only geeks
> really care about?

The simple answer to that question would be that the addition of a resedit type
application does not change the way our co-developers think about
customizability.
In other words; the developers should not want to make everything configuable
from the outside.
That change of mindset is 1000 times more important then providing a solution
to battle the symptom of too-many-options.

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander at planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be