Proposal for KControl

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at kde.org
Sat Jun 29 23:54:41 BST 2002

Hi

On Saturday 29 June 2002 20:17, Charles Samuels wrote:

> KControl, instead of being called "Control Center" should be "Configure..."
> (on the panel).

I don't like application names with leading ...
What's wrong with Control Center ? Perhaps Configuration Center

> And then, instead of group by category, you group by application, THEN you
> group by category.
>
> + Web Browser
>   - Appearance
>   - Fonts
>   - Security
> + File Browser
>   - Appearance
>   - Icons
> + Panel
>   - Taskbar
>   - Appearance
> + General
>   - Widget Appearance

That sounds like a good structure. I think it would make the whole
configuration system a littlebit easier to use

> Additionally:
> Why do we have an "Information" group?  What does that have to do with a
> _Control_ center?

I don't know. I've thought for a long time that it would be better  to split
it into it's own "System Information" Container application (which could be a
special mode of the Control Center Applications)

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger