lock screenn

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sun Jun 23 19:23:00 BST 2002

On Sunday, 23 June 2002 13:55, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled CVS HEAD this weekend to see if its shaping up since I did over
> a month ago (been using the BRANCH only).
>
> One thing that I noticed is that the screen locks on me after the set
> timeout even if I use the keyboard!  It seems the lock-screen detection
> only detects mouse events.
>
> I have no idea how that works, or even where to post a bug report on that,
> so could someone take this up?

I observed this behavior too. Easy to trap this bug if you read a long
document in e.g. Konq or KGhostview and only hit space or pagedown once in
20-30 seconds. Anyways, once the screensaver embarks, keyboard events are
detected correctly. Most probably, this bug sneaked in at the last
screensaver engine reshuffle (many weeks ago -perhaps immediately after 3.0).

Cristian Tibirna .. tibirna at sympatico.ca
PhD student .. ctibirna at giref.ulaval.ca .. www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. www.kde.org