"get hot new stuff" button

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jun 20 23:08:45 BST 2002

On Thursday 20 June 2002 23:56, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> By the way, how many different plugin loading frameworks do we have in
> KDE? Wouldn't this be an area where it would make sense to replace some
> duplicated code by a common solution?

Simon Hausmann, David Faure, Matthias Kretz and me talked about that on
LinuxTag. Matthias is currently spearheading code in KView. As soon as I have
finished my contact list stuff for Kopete I'll adopt and extend that code in
Kopete. Expect something generic in kdelibs for KDE 3.2 (3.1 maybe? Don't
think we can make that timeframe without more help.)

Martijn