Build system

Rolf Magnus ramagnus at t-online.de
Wed Jun 19 16:16:17 BST 2002

So now KDE reached the point where I'm unable to compile it any more because
of the build system. When I try to make -f Makefile.cvs in one of the KDE
packages, I get this:

/usr/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/share/automake/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL

And a lot more of them. It seems as if I get those 4 lines once for every
Makefile.am in the package. I tried automake version 1.5 and version 1.62,
but both give the same error.
For some packages (e.g. kdebase and kdeutils) it works, for others (e.g. arts
and kdelibs) it doesn't.

--
2 hours? Boy, that's way too old. You should use a more recent version.
(Waldo Bastian about a copile error in a 2 hours old CVS version of KDE)