kxkb speedups for stable branch

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Fri Jun 14 14:08:55 BST 2002

On 14 Jun 2002, Ilya Konstantinov wrote:
> I'm attaching a patch which I've already tested and commited into KDE
> HEAD branch, hoping it could make it into the stable (3.0) branch too.
>
> This patch:
> 1. Uses Xkb's own functions for parsing the Xkb rules file.
> 2. Considerably speeds up layout switching by precompiling the Xkb
> keymaps instead of running 'setxkbmap' for every switch.

A noble goal, even though i don't use ever switch keymaps. I guess I just
don't type enough arabic to ever need to.

Three minor things:

1) libxkbfile is a .a file on all the systems I have access to. No
problem?

2) There's a fair amount of noise in the patch concerning blank lines
being removed, lines being merged, etc. It makes it hard to read.

3) Is there a teeny-tiny race condition where you use the KTempFile to
create a filename for the temporary stuff and then later use that
filename?

--
+ Adriaan de Groot             + Project: FRESCoS                           +