Problem, kcmshell printmgr crashing in malloc()

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Wed Jun 12 08:40:43 BST 2002

> Hi,
>
> "kcmshell printmgr" crashes for me since I updated from cvs today. This is the
> backtrace:
>
> malloc (bytes=12) at malloc.c:3746
> 3746              set_foot(remainder, remainder_size);
> (gdb) bt
> #0  malloc (bytes=12) at malloc.c:3746
[snip]

I don't know where it comes from, I just give a short comment here.
I experience this kind of crash (in malloc) when KDE was compiled
with gcc-2.95(6) and -funroll-loops. I tried to debug it using gdb
and valgrind but couldn't find any reason. Using gcc-3.1, I couldn't
reproduce those crashes, whether -funroll-loops was used or not.

Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM