Unifying ~/Desktop

Alexander Kellett kelletta at eidetica.com
Tue Jun 11 15:48:11 BST 2002

( removed excessive cc: )

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 04:21:18PM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> Although with the current interest RedHat has into standardizing the desktops,
> it might be that they want to contribute the long-awaited kio_trash ;-)

I've just been taking a look at a possible implementation
of this. It will need a portable 'df' to be in kdelibs.

Currently Joseph's devices: slave has what appears to be
the needed thing. Might it be an idea to get this into kdelibs?

Are there (already) / (any possible) alternatives?

It doesn't seem that kio_trash is really all that difficult.
I'd therefore be interested in implementing it :)

Also, as Havoc suggested, how about a kio_home?, or is the home:/ uri
just a .desktop file and a hack in kio_file?

Alex