Konqueror tabs using KDockWidgets?

David Faure david at mandrakesoft.com
Tue Jun 11 13:52:45 BST 2002

On Thursday 06 June 2002 17:19, Sarang Lakare wrote:
> After reading all the discussions on how to close tabs, this idea came to my
> mind. Can we have each konqueror tab as a KDockWidget? In that case each tab
> will automatically have a "x" at the corner to close it.. In addition, users
> will benefit from features provided by dock widgets.. i.e. users can easily
> drag them out and arrange on teh desktop!
>
> I have a similar case in my application. Here is how multiple documents look
> in my case.

... or how to use a complex GUI for a simple task.
At least the simple case (single view / splitted views, i.e. the "old stuff") should remain
as simple as it was before. I think that by using kdockwidget it will end up with this
additional frame titlebar - which we decided against long ago.
I don't care much how things look like when people start using tabs, but before they
do so, no additional GUI item should appear.

David FAURE, david at mandrakesoft.com, faure at kde.org
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/