icons in HEAD CVS

Malte Starostik malte at kde.org
Sun Jul 28 15:47:24 BST 2002

Am Sunday 28 July 2002 16:37 schrieb Ian Reinhart Geiser:
> On Sunday 28 July 2002 01:58 am, Charles Samuels wrote:
> > lørdag 27 juli 2002, 07:21 am, skrev Till Krech:
>
> [..]
>
> > If you install kdeartwork, the "locolor" icon scheme is pretty good
> > (especially if you liked KDE1 :)
> >
> > If you've seen screenshots of my desktop, you know that I'm not a big fan
> > of color anyway.
>
> I think the biggest problem is that HiColor at least looked okay with my
> nice green theme, but the ugly "i wish i where an imac" blue is quite
> horrible with green.
>
> I think either we should supply a way of colorizing these icons, or at
> least go back to a less offensive icon set for default.
Agreed. I do like crystal but I'm not sure whether it's really good to
completely change the icons' look in a minor version. Especially since the
theme is installed in a way that makes the normal hicolor icons unavailable.
Suggestion: install crystal as a real icon theme in addition to hicolor and
make it the default theme, still keeping the possibility for users to switch
back to hicolor.

--
"Corporations cross borders all the time in search of people to exploit for
profit and no one stops them. They call this process Globalisation. On the