KGX? WTF?

Andreas Pour pour at mieterra.com
Sat Jul 27 09:46:01 BST 2002

Shawn Gordon wrote:

[ ... ]

> >I don't expect responsibile journalism from the KDE FUD site ;-).
>
> FUD site?  You may not agree with what you read there, but *mostly* what is
> written is accurate and raises good points.

I have found the inaccuracy and one-sidedness legion, and accuracy,
fairness and objectivity to be severely wanting.  Some things you may
consider an "agreement" issue, but I think the difference is largely
whether your goal is to do harm or report facts.

> dep has always been a huge
> cheerleader for KDE from what I've seen,

Apparently you have not seen one particular editorial which in my view,
and pretty much anyone else who has had the misfortune of reading it,
contains the most ugly, hateful and downright racist writing I have ever
seen about any FS / OS project, and in its viciousness far exceeds
anything coming from Redmond or the most obnoxious trolls that have
visited the dot or other sites I have read (barring perhaps /. read at
-1).

> and now that he has his own news
> site, I see him trying to balance his coverage out by talking about gnome
> and problems with KDE, which there are.

I see absolutely nothing balanced about it.  Your perspective may
differ, given e.g. the latest story involving you did not even include
the other side of the story, but then again, it seems to me that
irresponsibility is the rule there.

> Of all the "journalists" I've talked to and interviewed with since founding
> theKompany 3 years ago, dep is the only one that has been an "actual"
> journalist, apart from maybe the linuxgram folks.

If by "journalist" you mean to imply professionalism, I could not
disagree more.

Ciao,

Dre