KGX? WTF?

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Thu Jul 25 23:30:16 BST 2002

On Friday 26 July 2002 00:15, Daniel Naber wrote:
> Ever heard of LAMP (=Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)? Does the Apache group
> complain that "LAMP" is called the way it is? I don't think so.

The complaints are that someone wants to bundle KDE+GNU+Linux and call it
something (heck, that's what I call a distribution pretty much) or make it a
platform like OST.

The question is: should the League do this? I see no reason not, though. KDE
development is not influenced by the League, so KDE will perfectly support
BSD and all those other Unices out there. Some suit handing out KGX flyers to
pointy haired bosses won't hurt us.

I am sure that the KGX concept will mature before it is put into use and it
will probably make very clear that KDE, GNU* and Linux are all seperate
existing projects that interact and that KGX is not the new KDE, or GNU, or
Linux.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap at capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much