KSVG - ready for KDE 3.1?

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Sun Jul 21 01:19:55 BST 2002

Am Saturday 20 July 2002 20:28 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen:
> On Thursday 18 July 2002 20:33, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> > >
> > > Why wasn't this raised before the feature freeze became active?
> >
> > Sorry for this, but we didn't know if we were able to finish
> > the ecmascript core within a month.
> >
> > Second point, that I wasn't convinced releasing with KDE is
> > good for KSVG. I am now.
>
> Maybe it is better suited for kextragear?
>
> I have yet to find a single real SVG-site that KSVG renders correctly or
> doesnt crash on. Only example and demo SVGs works.
In that case it does not belong in kdeextragear either. The Extra Gear is for
stable apps that do not fit anywhere else and/or do not belong to the
"Desktop Distribution".
I think that ksvg is a very important part of the infrastructure and thus
should really be in one of the core modules - but only if the quality is good
enough of course.

Klas