kwin's kcmodules

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue Jul 16 14:57:21 BST 2002

Hello

Many things changed in kwin's kcmodules during my vacation. I'm not sure I
like all of them but it seems they were discussed and approved here. Thus, I
will shut it up.

Still, I don't understand why and when the many dcop calls to "reconfigure"
became necessary. (see kdebase/kwin/kcmkwin/kwinoptions/{main.cpp,
windows.cpp,mouse.cpp} etc.). Wasn't there a centralized mechanism in the
kcontrol API that made the config propagation automatic at th pushing of the
"apply" button?

(My question doesn't come as critique but as willingness to understand)

Thanks.

CT