Fwd: changes in kcontrol

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Mon Jul 15 21:23:16 BST 2002

If I may add a comment please...

The changes that appear in kcontrol leaves lots of time some desktop files
inside the installation directory (i.e: /opt/kde31 in my case) which shows
kcontrol wrong.

In my example - I got a section called Windows (which IMHO will confuse users
with the Microsoft's Windows - how about "Window Management"?) and I have
"Window Behavior" and "Window Decoration" still in "Look & Feel" section.

I know I can erase them manually and get rid of the problem, but IMHO this is
not the solution. A solution should be that installation (or maybe
"kconf_update" script?) should erase the relevant depricated desktop files.

Think about the user who will install KDE 3.1 when it will come out - and
imagine the huge amount of complains, flames, and bug reports.

Thanks,
Hetz