Constructive feedback from Eugenia

Eric Christopherson rakko at charter.net
Fri Jul 12 04:40:44 BST 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 03:31:59PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> 1) KDesktop -> RMB on Icon -> Open in New Window
> This is copied from Konqy (hurrah for code sharing) but makes indeed little
> sense in this context. Should just be "Open" (David, is that hard to change
> for kdesktop only?)

I agree with this; but also, I've been wondering for quite a long time if it
would be possible for the context menus for file icons to have a simple
"Open" item. The item would do exactly the same thing as when you
double-click on the icon.

Reason? Mainly that in my case at least, I oftentimes right click on a file,
since I'm in the habit of doing so, but then I realize "oh, I just wanted to
open it the default way, not to choose some other app or action." It just
seems a little awkward to have to double click again after that, when I
could just select "Open" from the menu I opened up. Also, it seems
asymmetrical having "Open with" items listed in the menu, but no default
"Open."

I hope I'm not whining too much :)

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^