Viewport fault in netwm.cpp?

David Boddie david at sleepydog.net
Thu Jul 11 11:54:44 BST 2002

On Thursday 11 Jul 2002 11:50 am, Bradley T Hughes wrote:

> On Thursday 11 July 2002 12:34, David Boddie wrote:

> > I'm been looking at the viewport support in kdecore/netwm.cpp and found
> > that the wrong parameters appear to be passed to the virtual method,
> > changeDesktopViewport.
> >
> > This patch changes some array references so that the viewport origin is
> > passed correctly.
>
> The message passed to the event function is invalid.  From
> http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec/x105.html:

[...]

> The patch you attached is incorrect, and the originator of the viewport
> message needs to be fixed instead.

Thanks for the quick response!

I think I see what's happened. Presumably, the message constructed is
incorrect in that it mistakenly includes the desktop number at line 809:

802:        XEvent e;
803:
804:        e.xclient.type = ClientMessage;
805:        e.xclient.message_type = net_desktop_viewport;
806:        e.xclient.display = p->display;
807:        e.xclient.window = p->root;
808:        e.xclient.format = 32;
809:        e.xclient.data.l[0] = desktop - 1;
810:        e.xclient.data.l[1] = viewport.x;
811:        e.xclient.data.l[2] = viewport.y;
812:        e.xclient.data.l[3] = 0l;
813:        e.xclient.data.l[4] = 0l;
814:
815:        XSendEvent(p->display, p->root, False, netwm_sendevent_mask, &e);

Is this the correct interpretation?

> > On a related subject, can someone explain why there isn't there a signal
> > in the KWinModule class for changes to the viewport?

Anyone?

David