kdeextragear policy question

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Mon Jul 8 18:06:12 BST 2002

Am Montag, 8. Juli 2002 18:47 schrieb Rob Kaper:
> On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 10:33:17AM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Well, if you're packaging all of KDE, yes. But if you're packaging
> > kwintv, you might want to avoid the 650MB (that's the size of my kde-i18n
> > module - I'm a bit suprised and shoked :) checkout
>
> Perhaps we should split kde-i18n into several modules, per continent or
> a-e,f-i,etcetera or hopefull something better (ideas?). We're already
> releasing them seperately.
>
> Oh, I noticed that there are a lot of languages in CVS who only have a
> couple of percents (or even nothing!) translated of the essentials
> (http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/KDE_3_0_BRANCH/essential.php), is anyone
> actually working on bn,bo,cy,fa,fo,ga,gu,hi,km,ku,mi,mr,sq,tg and wa?

Partly yes, partly no. (What did you expect?) For instance, the Indian
languages so far don't have a big chance to do very much, due to lack of
support by Qt.

The fact that there is something listed in the stats does only mean that
somebody showed up and offered himself as a contact, it does not mean there's
an subdir in kde-i18n already.

What is your point?

Thomas

--