OT: Warning message when doing make -f Makefile.cvs

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Jul 6 06:53:31 BST 2002

Hello,

Can any kind soul, please tell me what the following error message means ?
I have the exact same autoconf and automake packages installed on both a
Mandrake 8.1 machine and a redhat 7.1 machine.  I only get this warning
message on the Mandrake box and was curious as to the cause.  I could not
find any reference to a similar question in the archives ; so I cannot tell
if this has been asked before...

make -f Makefile.cvs
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** Creating acinclude.m4
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
*** Creating config.h template
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader-2.53: `config.h.in' is unchanged
*** Creating Makefile templates
*** Postprocessing Makefile templates
*** Creating date/time stamp
*** Finished
    Don't forget to run ./configure
    If you haven't done so in a while, run ./configure --help

Regards,
Dawit A.