The "E" in "KDE" (more or less was: KDE RC Authority)

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Fri Jul 5 14:38:49 BST 2002

If I may say something please..

I think it will be a good idea to make a vote among KDE DEVELOPERS only!

How? pretty simple:

We'll have A web page that developers with CVS accounts (user/pass) can access
it and vote what should be included, and whats not. After X days someone can
publish the results and decides whether to:

* include it in the main KDE tree (not including kdenonbeta and
kde-extra-gear)
* move it into kde-extra-gear
* leave it on kdenonbeta (although I think kdenonbeta needs some serious
cleanup - there are lots of stuff that aren't even compilable!)
* reject from KDE entirely (license problems, not fitting into the KDE goals,
etc...)

Comments?

Thanks,
Hetz