bugs.kde.org rejects tonight's CVS as outdated

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jul 4 09:17:07 BST 2002

On Thursday 04 July 2002 09:45, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 09:39:27AM +0200, Malte Starostik wrote:
> > just tried to submit a bug report about kmail. Both kdelibs and
> > kdenetwork were updated and compiled less than 12 hours ago, but it would
> > reject the version as obsolete alpha/beta. The version as reported in
> > "About KDE" is "3.0.6 (KDE 3.1 alpha1)". Complete kmail version string as
> > sent to bugs.kde.org: "1.4.5 (KDE 3.0.6 (KDE 3.1 alpha1)) (compiled
> > sources)". Only manually selecting the version helped.
>
> I thought this version problem was fixed and bugs.kde.org now accepted
> "future" releases with a reasonable version?

Nope, that was not decided yet.

But I added 3.0.6 as the current development version two days ago, as people
reading kde-cvs should surely remember. I wonder why that didn't work. I'll
try to reproduce and fix during lunch, maybe the regexp is broken. I didn't
test because I'm not running HEAD, but I think I know a way to cheat now.

> If not, then perhaps we should add "accept new version in bugs.kde.org" to
> kde-common/release/RELEASE-CHECKLIST ??

Hmm, that would make sense, although the true fix would be to avoid redundant
info of course. Is there a file in CVS that the wizard can open to read the
version number of the current CVS HEAD ? Like the KDE_VERSION define that
does exactly what I need.
--
Martijn