kreatecd and k3b moved to kdeextragear

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Thu Jul 4 07:49:42 BST 2002

Am Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2002 22:59 schrieb aleXXX:
> On Wednesday 03 July 2002 20:13, Klas Kalass wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2002 19:07 schrieb Helio Chissini de Castro:
> > > Hi
> > > Please, don't touch in cdbakeoven...
> > > It's ok move kreatecd, koncd because is too full od cdrecording
> > > programs, but cdbakeoven is too usefull and one of the best interfaces
> > > that i saw in Linux, resembling some good windoze programs, like Nero
> > > to mention one..
> >
> > Well, that is your personal opinion. I for one would have voted for
> > kreatecd if there were elections as I never was exposed to Windows CD
> > burning tools and do not like the interfaces I saw :)
>
> I also tried kreatecd, koncd and cdbakeoven, and cdbakeoven was IMO by far
> the most usable app (ok, after some tweaking with permissions and stuff).

I also think Bake Oven is the best by far (and last time we discussed the
candidates here most people who spoke up seemed to view this the same).
And while I think Klas has a good point that we have to be fair to all the
candidates I also think that we shouldn't start with 4 programs and end up
without having a single one to include with the next KDE release.

If the CDRW authors could not bring themselves to create a common app we have
to find a viable procedure how to pick one of the candidates. Since hardly
anybody likes voting or endless series of "I agree" and "I disagree" postings
I'd suggest leaving the decision to the multimedia group (even if this means
that Neil Stevens gets a chance to push hard for KreateCD while I'm not even
subscribed there ;-).

Regards,

Thomas

--