proposal for redesign of toolbar menu feature in kdeui

jowenn at kde.org jowenn at kde.org
Tue Jul 2 13:46:55 BST 2002

Hi

> Those Show-Hide-Toolbar-menu-items only
introduce menu-clutter anyways. I'm
> sure that 70% of the users out there never ever
change their toolbar-settings
> at all and that 25% only change it once per
application at maximum.

Simon just reimplemented my toolbarmenu action,
which   should make the whole thing a littlebit
cleaner. Only if there is one toolbar it is
directly shown in the settings menu, otherwise
there is a Toolbars-> sub menu, which holds the
Show/hide actions. Additionally  the Show/Hide
action item/list is attached to the toolbars' RMB
menu.

In konqueror, as in M$ IE I like the Toolbar items
in the main menu very much. In applications like
the KOffice applications with their many toolbars
it's usefull too. (IMHO)

Kind regards
Joseph
Wenninger