kdebindings build problem with qt-styles

Maks Orlovich mo002j at mail.rochester.edu
Sat Dec 28 15:28:38 GMT 2002

On Saturday 28 December 2002 10:09 am, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> sorry to bug everyone with this stupid problem, but kdebindings are a
> mystery for themselves. Adrian already gave up configuring qt styles as
> plugins, but for Debian we're fighting with the same problem. As unstable
> already has qt-3.1.1 (in fact, qt-copy) which is build with the qt-styles
> as plugins (and I guess that won't chang anytime soon), I always encounter
> the following problem in kdebindings/smoke/qt:
>
> .libs/libsmokeqt_la.all_cpp.o: In function
> `x_QCDEStyle::~x_QCDEStyle(void)':
> .libs/libsmokeqt_la.all_cpp.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._._11x_QCDEStyle+0x4b):
> undefined reference to `QCDEStyle::~QCDEStyle(void)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

IMHO, KDE Bindings really shouldn't wrap  Q*Style classes other than QStyle
and maybe QCommonStyle. There is no reason to use them directly (all they do
is re-implement functions from QStyle -- and one can get a copy, if they
exist, from QStyleFactory ) -- plus, there is no guarantee that those styles
would be available, let alone compiled in...