KMail (Was: Re: KDE 3.1: delayed)

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at norran.net
Sat Dec 7 13:50:32 GMT 2002

On Friday 06 December 2002 20:47, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 06 December 2002 11:50, Michael Brade wrote:
> > No idea about this, fact is that khtml and kmail are crashing
> > quite often
>
> KMail? We are using it at our institute and so far it didn't crash a
> single time. I hope you are reporting those crashes with meaningful
> backtraces (i.e. compiled with --enable-debug=full).
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

I had KMail crash for me whenever I wanted to reply. But since I know
that I used a some days old HEAD and not  KDE_3_1_BRANCH I tried
to update it to get a corrected version (still HEAD).

That version did not even compile...
(static_cast to KMAcctImap from a KAccount, but KMAcctImap does not
 inherit from KAccount... yet... it inherits from KMAccount that inherits from
 QObject)

So I checked out KDE_3_1_BRANCH instead - it compiles and does not
crash.

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson