KDE 3.1: delayed

Daniel Stone dstone at kde.org
Sat Dec 7 01:26:44 GMT 2002

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 08:56:53AM -0800, Neil Stevens scrawled:
> On Friday December 06, 2002 08:46, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Fre, 06 Dez 2002, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > > Yeah, that needs to be changed.  If source packages are so useless,
> > > why only support them?
> >
> > Quoting from http://www.kde.org/packagepolicy.html:
> >
> > The KDE Project itself only releases and supports the source code
> > packages. Those are the only packages that we have the resources to deal
> > with.
>
> So you want it both ways.  Lead users up the steps by linking to binary
> packages, then slam the door in their face if they have problems.  How
> interesting.

Stop being facetious, Neil. What it means is that if you have problems
with the binary packages, then SEE YOUR DISTRIBUTOR. This is necessary
because of problems in the past (like Debian testing being a bastard mix
of 2.1 and 2.2).

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel at raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone at kde.org>
Developer - http://kopete.kde.org, http://www.kde.org