KDE 3.1: delayed

Shawn Gordon shawn at thekompany.com
Fri Dec 6 16:26:01 GMT 2002

At 08:18 AM 12/6/2002, you wrote:
>Simon Hausmann <hausmann at kde.org> wrote:
> > I share that opinion. The users have been waiting for 3.1 very long
> > now. A source release is IMHO better than none at all, especially
> > when it contains security fixes.
>
>Users hate pure source releases as far as I know.  I often have people
>telling me stuff like they don't get the RC because there were no RPMs
>for XXX. It takes an awful lot of time to compile everything.
>
>For a release as big as 3.1, I'd say binary packages were very
>important.
>
>-N.

My opinion that the holidays are probably a great opportunity to do some
real fine tuning on the 3.1 release and really give it that little extra
push.  There is no real preassure other than what you put on yourselves,
there are no new distro releases from major vendors pending.  Just go
another month and get it clean and right and packaged.  my $0.02

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President
theKompany.com