KTextEditor && richtext (Re: [Design] New composer.)

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Dec 1 19:09:42 GMT 2002

On Sunday 01 December 2002 17:16, Vadim Plessky wrote:
<snip>
> That's why I said that *default* to *mailing list* should always be
> text/plain.
> But I would prefer to send mails to my wife in HTML (or XHTML, or
> SVG), as it makes mails more readable and better looking :-)
<snip>

The idea here is that KMail sends the mail in the first format which can
handle all richtext markup the user used for composing the mail.
There's no richtext vs. plain text composer like in Netscape, you
always get a "rich text" composer. But if you unly used underline for a
few single words, KMail would still send plain text with _mimicking_
underlined text. If you use ordered lists, you'd still get
1. plain text
2. no html text: fill text fill text fill tex fill text fill text fill
    text
that, KMail would switch to t/enriched transparently.

Marc

--
Nie wird so viel gelogen wie vor der Wahl, während des Kriegs und nach
der Jagd                                          -- Otto von Bismarck