KTextEditor && richtext (Re: [Design] New composer.)

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Sun Dec 1 16:16:51 GMT 2002

On Sunday 01 December 2002 6:41 pm, Andy Fawcett wrote:
|  On Sunday 01 December 2002 17:13, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  > I think KMail should defualt to plain text for mailing lists,and to
|  > mp/alternative with t/p and t/h at least.
|
|  Which would make it a prohibited piece of software in my workplace,
|  unlike current KMail (which is actually recommended for non-W32
|  platforms)
|
|  Quite simply, outgoing HTML mails are banned in my workplace, even as
|  multiparted/* because of security considerations. They're unlikely to
|  relax the rule for one platform, no matter how good the implementation
|  is.

On my previous work, I have faced situation when I *needed* to send mails in
HTML format, and I haven't found easy way to do that with KMail.
My concern was just MS Word-generated HTML (which can be about 50KB just for
*one A4 page*), and I definitly wanted to use some more ellegant solution.
Bandwidth and "concerns of our customers for security" were not real
constrains (concerns) in our case, as those customers were sending 2MB-4Mb
attachments, form time to time, anyway.  And many of those attahcments were
.exe files ;-))

|  It should default to text/plain, because there are still people out
|  there who cannot read text/html mails.

That's why I said that *default* to *mailing list* should always be
text/plain.
But I would prefer to send mails to my wife in HTML (or XHTML, or SVG), as it
makes mails more readable and better looking :-)

--

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released