KTextEditor && richtext (Re: [Design] New composer.)

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Sun Dec 1 16:16:18 GMT 2002

On Sunday 01 December 2002 16:59, Marc Mutz wrote:

> I don't think we should cater crappy security policies with KMail. You
> can see how we handle charsets. That's how we should handle text
> formats.

A Security Policy is nothing you implement lightly and you don't change it
easily, be it crappy or not. Be pragmatic, let the user choose, and don't
force functionality on him. If KMail cannot be used in a company any more, we
may have won a nifty feature, but we lost a couple of users, and thus
supporters. That's a bad tradeoff.

regards,
	matze

--
Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"