bugs.kde.org -> bugzilla??

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Aug 29 11:15:27 BST 2002

Vadim Plessky writes:
> |  There is one fairly simple reason for this. Unix/Linux users normally have
> |  far more clue than your average punter. Mozilla is available for Windows.
>
> Do Windows users report bugs for Mozilla?!.
> // every day you learn something new :-)

They do indeed. In fact, we have a lot of developers on Windows - that's one
of the reasons why the Windows version of Mozilla performs a bit better than
the Linux version.

> Aha. Interesting.
> And do you have some split - how many of those 100 000 downloads are
> Windows/Linux/Mac?

Very roughly, for Mozilla 1.0, from a few days after release:

Windows:    540,000
Linux:      140,000
Mac (both): 115,000

> I thought AOL Time Warner supports Mozilla project, no?
> Servers are rather cheap nowdays, server upgrade should not be a real problem
> IMO.

Getting money for anything in the Valley, and particularly inside AOL, these
days is like trying to wring blood from a stone. "If it still works, it
doesn't need money spending on it."

Gerv