bugs.kde.org -> bugzilla??

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Wed Aug 28 18:56:28 BST 2002

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 2:43 pm, Gervase Markham wrote:
|  > And IMHO quality of bugs reported to bugs.kde.org is *much higher* than
|  > for Mozilla.
|
|  There is one fairly simple reason for this. Unix/Linux users normally have
|  far more clue than your average punter. Mozilla is available for Windows.

Do Windows users report bugs for Mozilla?!.
// every day you learn something new :-)

|  Every release we make (every five weeks) gets well over 100,000 downloads.
|  And sometimes it seems like all 100,000 people report the same obvious bug
|  (which is in the release notes.)

Aha. Interesting.
And do you have some split - how many of those 100 000 downloads are
Windows/Linux/Mac?

|  > Information is difficult to find, and system is not very responsive.
|
|  It's not very responsive because it's heavily used :-) We are trying to
| get the server upgraded, but getting money for anything is difficult.

I thought AOL Time Warner supports Mozilla project, no?
Servers are rather cheap nowdays, server upgrade should not be a real problem
IMO.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)