Panoramic desktop

David Boddie david at sleepydog.net
Thu Aug 22 09:57:19 BST 2002

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 06:51 pm, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 August 2002 02:08 pm, David Boddie wrote:

> > Are there any restrictions on sending and receiving DCOP messages in
> > panel extensions? If not, then it should be possible.

> No there are not... In fact I have been working on a "thumb wheel"
> desktop switcher.  It seems a little more reliable than the electric
> boarders imho :]

I'm hoping that someone might improve on them at some point. I was just
happy to see that they were available in KDE 3.

> The largest problem with circles on the desktop is they tend to take up
> space^2.  Whereas if we can make this a rectangle, we can wedge it into
> places eaiser.

Originally, I used a circular window, but it didn't really fit in with
the style of the desktop.

> Also I did a small experiment with the current wim, by makeing it into a
> kicker applet.  Basicly even large kicker it is barely usable, it really
> needs 128x128 from what i have seen.

Could you possibly outline what you had to change to get it to work as
a kicker applet? I'm not having much success turning it into a kicker
extension.

David