bugs.kde.org -> bugzilla??

Daniel Naber daniel.naber at t-online.de
Wed Aug 21 12:44:26 BST 2002

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 04:40, Don Sanders wrote:

> I am prepared to implement the voting system I have described. I guess
> it's ultimately up to Coolo and Daniel to decide whether they would
> like to accept my offer.

Voting is supported by Bugzilla, it just needs to be activated AFAIK.

I don't like the idea to vote with money, as I'm not sure what problem this
is trying to solve. I don't see how it can prevent abuse, because I don't
see how a voting system can be "abused". The worst thing that can happen
is that someone gets several acounts and puts all his votes on one bug.
Even if someone implements it then because of the votes, so what?

On the other hand, KDE e.V. is already collecting money
(http://www.kde.org/donations.html). If we really need money, e.g. for
some event, we can put a "Donate!" link on the homepage and post a story
on the dot, I'm sure this would get a significant amount in a short time.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de