bugs.kde.org -> bugzilla??

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Aug 20 08:32:55 BST 2002

Am Dienstag 20 August 2002 00:27 schrieb Stephan Binner:
> On Monday 19 August 2002 21:01, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > I would like to group our packages a bit into Products and my
> > current approach would be to split the "Packages" into CVS
> > module names and be the packages below that components.
>
> Does a Debian user know where to search kompare which is a seperate package
> for him? Does an user know who installed default desktop setup of his dis-
> tribution and never installed packages? Do you know where fifteenapplet is?
You're speaking with the maintainer of kdetoys! :)

> Where would you put e.g. "boson", "brahms" or "kvim"? In category "Other"
> it would not be possible to work with version numbers, they refer to
> products.
>
> I would prefer to keep current categories as products, refine (khtml) and
> group where advisable like i18n*, kio*, apps+kcm (kwin+kcmkwin*), kcontrol
> and other kcm*, arts*, kicker+*applet, nsplugins*.

Yes, either that or have only a couple of products (KDE CVS, Koffice,
Localization, External) and the rest components of them. But it starts there
already that the user does not know for sure where to look for kompare (Extern
or KDE CVS). So I guess your suggestion comes closest to what our users
expect.

Greetings, Stephan