spamassassin

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Sun Aug 18 18:20:49 BST 2002

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 12:33:45PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> With the new hardware I thought I try spamassassin running before the mail
> queue. Right now no mail is rejected, just labeled (quite obvious as
> spamassassin changes subject and body :), but I'm planning to reject after
> a month when we see no problems with it.

I see one: unless you set the treshold very high (causing many spam mails to
pass without problems), there is a risk of some legit mail to get lost.
Spamassassin is most useful when the receipient can update his or her
whitelist, so that verified senders are okay'ed and the treshold can be
lowered over time.

I'd rather not see a filter in place where I cannot edit the treshold or
whitelist.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap at capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much